Just another New Zealand actor heading for Hollywood.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sunset Blvd.

Okay. I made it. Didn't get much sleep on the plane, but I can recommend UP and THE INFORMANT. Great to see our own Mel Lynskey footing it with Matt Damon. Will have to grill her about it when I catch up with her.

In 2003 I went outside LAX during a brief stopover and somehow a charming African-American guy with big teeth got me to hand over $10 to him. I was ready for him this time. Arriving at T.Ryan Brennan's address in West Hollywood, he was leaving for work. Brief handshake and he was off. Hope to catch him when he gets home tonight from his job being a production assisstant on The Big Bang Theory.

A Stroll down Sunset Boulevard to get a sim card. Open top hummer things doing celebrity house tours, designer dogs, vegan gluten-free restaurants and burgers everywhere. And the motorcycle cops look ace. The two people I spoke to today both asked me where I was from. Guess most people who haven't seen The Flight of the Conchords wouldn't have much heard it before. There's only 4 Million of us an all.

I swear I've heard more spanish spoken than english so far. The traffic is coming at me the wrong way and there's too much water in the toilet bowl. It's only gonna get weirder.

I'm happy with today's achievements. Walk, Food, Phone.
BED.

Tomorrow it begins. Meeting with Lena Roklin.

G

No comments:

Post a Comment