Just another New Zealand actor heading for Hollywood.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Go Saints.

The start of a new week and hopefully a fresh round of auditions.

This past few days has been all about finding new digs as I have to leave my current situation this weekend.
It's been fascinating and tiring driving around L.A meeting potential house mates. They have been coming in all shapes and sizes.
I'm pretty sure I'm going with Elaina, a 32 yr old Noo Yawka who writes childrens books. She's been in her apartment 11 years and has seen housemates come and go. She's cool with my short term situation and having Serena for two weeks in the middle of it. I think it beats the Yoga-mad cat lady who had partitioned off half her kitchen and liked my aura.
It'll mean leaving the leafy vibrant West Hollywood for jumble-sale Little Ethiopia, but good to see another side of the city.

Last night I went to a SuperBowl house party and enjoyed "Noo Guy" privileges. This meant good viewing spot, beers and being told I had a cool/cute accent. The New Orleans Saints, who had never been to a Superbowl before cleaned up the favorites the Indianapolis Colts. Few too many Colts fans at this particular party to jump for joy, but I was stoked to see the underdogs, post-katrina and all that climbing the U.S Sports Mt Everest.

I'm in talks with T.Ryan about fixing up his 1967 Volvo. I've been enjoying the relative luxury of a brand new Toyota that talks to me and tells me where to go, but it's been costly. Better to have wheels. Non powered steering and Air-Conned or not. It was his birthday the other night and we went bowling with his brother and girlfriend. Just like bowling in N.Z except a two hour wait and guys high-fiving and pretending to root the ball-dispensing machine, and everything generally 15 decibels louder. Oh and everyone's drinking light beer. I guess when you have to drive miles to get anywhere and you need to be constantly watching your carb intake ... well, I had to just keep my kiwi bogan mouth shut about that one. This is L.A.

Getting new head shots done this week, L.A styles. Whatever that means. I'll let you know.

G

No comments:

Post a Comment